🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Verified Name and Profile Name
Page options
1f095347
Community Member

Verified Name and Profile Name

Hi, I want to know how to change my verified name to my real name (Ricky P. Binoya) to match the bank account name but I want to keep my profile name using my nickname (Ikie P. Binoya).  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ikie,

I'm sorry about the confusion, Im not sure why the second part of the sentence was not added in my previous post.

You will need to update your name to your full legal name so that our team can verify your payment method. 
Afterwards you`re allowed to use your nickname as long as it follows our name change guidelines. If you have any additional questions, let me know, Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ikle,

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name. To submit a name change request go to Settings > Contact Info > and update your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

So does it mean that I will not be able to use my nickname anywhere in Upwork? Because as per this article below I can use a nickname for profile name and my real name for contracts. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 21.02.49.png

Hi Ikie,

I'm sorry about the confusion, Im not sure why the second part of the sentence was not added in my previous post.

You will need to update your name to your full legal name so that our team can verify your payment method. 
Afterwards you`re allowed to use your nickname as long as it follows our name change guidelines. If you have any additional questions, let me know, Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your assistance Goran!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths