cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very little response to proposals; is it my Profile?

Mary D Member Since: Sep 12, 2019
1 of 17

Could someone please take a quick look at my profile and possibly tell me why I am getting so little response to proposals? I have submitted over 50 proposals and only had 3 people respond but not hire me. Just curious if I may need to tweak my Profile. Thanks!

Community Leader
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
2 of 17

My opinion is to remove "Although I am new to Upwork" they already know that.

Further more, write above How can I help you ? Then explain how can you help.

And keep the explanation of your experience down below that.

3 of 17
Thank you so much for your recommendations, I have made the changes that you mentioned.
Community Leader
4 of 17

Also someone before said " remove the much I and me "

so I have over 15 years experience as a full charge bookkeeper. I have extensive experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, payroll, payroll tax liabilities, account reconciliation, and banking. I am also skilled in letter composition, web searching, compiling data, data entry, creating spreadsheets, proofreading, and I am able to type 65+ words per minute.

make it start with Over 15 years.. Delete " I have "

and the same for the rest

5 of 17
Thank you, I have eliminated many of the "I"'s and reworded other bits as well.
Community Leader
6 of 17

you need to do that in all the paragraphs not just the one starts with Over 15 years exp, Do it for everything even the customized profiles

even here : 

I look forward to hearing about your project that you feel I may be able to help you with.

May Change it to : Looking forward to... etc

Try to not use I or Me as the first word in the line

7 of 17
I made the additional changes and just deleted the specialized profiles, as I don't really use them anyway. This may help me look more focused on bookkeeping. Thank you so much!
Community Leader
8 of 17

You are welcome, Now just focus on good proposals, And making your profile complete 100% if its not.

9 of 17
I am unable to complete my profile, as I have no social account to link. I don't see any other options for completing it to 100%.
Community Leader
10 of 17

I don't even have social account also like you, But here's the trick i did, choose to attach social account and choose ( stackoverflow ) when it sends you to the site just register there with the same gmail attached to upwork and its done it will give you 10% for that Smiley Very Happy

after doing it. If still not 100% tell me how much and i'll help you to complete the rest.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS