cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Verification

Highlighted
Ryo S Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
1 of 14

Hi Upwork team, i get message on my job feed regarding video call verification.
Currently, i don't have web cam installed on my dekstop PC. 
If i don't do the video chat, will my account be banned?
If yes, then how long is the time limit so i can prepare to install the web cam.

Is there any other method like whatsapp video call or anything else?
Or you can ask some questions and i send an mp4 file answering those questions.

I have good reputable account and continuously making money on upwork. 
I just don't want a silly mistake like that destroy my hard work to build reputation here on Upwork.

Please help me, it's not that easy to have a webcam installed on Linux Based Machine.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 14

Hi Ryo,

The verification process lasts only a couple of minutes and you'll need to communicate with out agent directly. Once you're ready, please use the verification link to initiate the process and our agent will follow up to guide you through the process.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 14

Ryo, don't worry about this! I did the verification. It is easy. They just want to see your face and make sure it's really you.

They are to ask you any any hard questions. They only asked my for my name and address. It's only about verifying your identity. It's not a test or interview.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 14

You don't need to install a webcam on your Linux computer.

It does not matter what computer you use for the verification. Go to a friend's house. Use someone's laptop. Go to an Internet cafe. Upwork doesn't care.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ryo S Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
5 of 14

Thank you sir, 

Highlighted
Muhammad Sohail M Member Since: Apr 7, 2018
6 of 14

Sir How can i chat with customer care officer??

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 14

Hi Muhammad,

Please refer to the notification our team sent to you regarding verification process, when you are ready, use the verification link to initiate the process and follow our agent’s instructions to successfully finish the process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Shumaila K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
8 of 14

I received a massage regarding Video verification.

Is any other way of verification Instant of video call.

I don,t have webcam, Headphone

I completed 204 project without video interview. I am very much weak in spaking English. I am confident in writing(chat).

Shumaila K

Upwork Top Rated freelancer

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 14

Hi Shumaila,

There are several options on how to finish this short process. Please allow time for our team to carefully investigate all information you have shared on your ticket, and they will answer your question and assist you further through the verification process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Christian H Member Since: Jan 4, 2019
10 of 14

Hi Bojan,

I am having a similar issue, a message saying verification is required, but the link you display is dead. It is https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile and just sends you to the "search knowledgebase" page. Now how can I initiate that verification?

Thanks