🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Video editor, started when I was 12yo, now I ...
Page options
batavskis
Community Member

Video editor, started when I was 12yo, now I am 17.

Hello, guys I'm new arround here, and want to start earning some cash, becuase why not? I have some serious skills with video editing,
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

(1) You do not meet the minimum age requirement to sign up for UpWork.

(2) Great slogan. You'll impress many clients with : "[I] want to start earning some cash, becuase why not?" Mind if I borrow that? Especially the really compelling part: "bec[au]se why not?"

(3) This is not the appropriate place to advertise. Check out appropriate use of this forum.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Aurimas,

As Janean pointed out, you need to be at least 18 to work on Upwork. Please, check this help article for more information and the team will follow with you as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Aurimas:

Upwork is a great choice to do freelancer work.

But to really succeed here, you will want to know as much about Upwork as possible. While you are waiting to become old enough to use the site as a freelancer, take time to read extensively in the Community Forum and in the Help section. Read through the profile pages of successful freelancers who do the kind of work you are interested in doing.

There are no age restrictions on reading Forum threads. You will help yourself by reading hundreds of these threads.

r2streu
Community Member

You have  a little bit yet before you can start here, so like Preston said, take this time to learn more about HOW to be a freelancer. Since you presumably know how to edit, keep at it, but right now is where you learn the OTHER important stuff you need to know.

How to market yourself.
How to talk to clients. 
How to network with other professionals.
How to conduct yourself professionally. 

Read through the forums, and even do some searches on other freelancers working in your field. See what they're charging, how they're advertising, what their profiles look like.

Do a Google search on video editors and look at their websites.

Most of all, remember the #1 rule of narrative, because it works just as well in marketing: SHOW -- don't TELL. 

My rule in any interaction is, if you have to tell people you're really nice, smart, competent, etc., you're probably not. Don't go into it saying you have skills. Let your skills speak for you instead. List what you CAN do, and then SHOW what you can do, and let the clients themselves determine whether you have "serious skill." 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths