🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Vimeo Links
Page options
envisionfx
Community Member

Vimeo Links

Hello! I have an account with my  works on Vimeo for 3 years  already. My nickname is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. And all the videos there have “ ..... “ logo. In this case,  can I insert links to my works on Upwork?  Will not this be against the rules? I just use my nickname in Internet  for a long time.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately no, you`re not allowed to share any portfolios websites that have a contact option there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank's, Goran.
OK. I will delete all contacts from the videos. But can I leave my old nickname on vimeo? It's different from my name on upwork... 

Hi Alexander,

Following up on Goran's message, you can include your Vimeo videos in your proposals, just not in your profile or Portfolio. Even if you remove the contact information from your Vimeo account I believe there's still the messaging functionality that will enable potential clients to contact you directly, which is why these types of accounts and online portfolios are not allowed to be included in Freelancer profiles.

I'd like to also note that all users are obligated to work and process payments through the platform after establishing first contact through Upwork.

Since you recently joined Upwork, please review these resources in order to successfuly use the platform and build your freelancing career.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir! Thank's for your help. I just asked this question, because I saw such kind of liks in most of freelancers' portfolios. These links lead you to YouTube, where there is an opportunity to contact a person directly (example is attached, when I click "play video", the link sends me to the freelancer's YouTube channel ). 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander, 

Will you please send me a private message with the links of the freelancers you saw with YouTube videos? I want to look into it further.

I'll wait for your message!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths