🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Vimeo links in portolio?
Page options
gcember
Community Member

Vimeo links in portolio?

Hi Im trying to set up my portolio projects, but the form isn't accepting my vimeo links.

I tried adding a random youtube link and it was fine, but when I add any of my vimeo links no thumbnail appears and the "save" button remains greyed out.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gcember
Community Member

For anyone coming by later here's the solution I got:
"I'm sorry if we were not able to get back to you sooner. I just got an update from our Technical team and as confirmed, it appears that there is a bug that's causing Vimeo video not to be saved or added. While at this time there is no time frame for the resolution, the team is working to resolve the issue and I will be sending you a reply as soon as I receive further updates from them. "

So it's a bug, and they dont know when or if it will be fixed. Great.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriel, 

Could you please confirm if the issue happens when you clear your cookies or use a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork
gcember
Community Member

Yes this still happens both when I clear my cookies and when I use a different browser.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up on this thread, Gabriel. I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gcember
Community Member

Hi Avery, I was contacted by someone who asked me to send screenshots, which I did.
They then replied to me, saying that they were escalating the issue to the Technical team.

It's now been almost a week, I havent heard anything from the Technical team, and the I've asked the first person that contacted me for a status update, which they haven't responded to. My request number is #27546407, can you please help me figure out why this has stalled out? I need to be able to create a portfolio on the site asap.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriel,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gcember
Community Member

For anyone coming by later here's the solution I got:
"I'm sorry if we were not able to get back to you sooner. I just got an update from our Technical team and as confirmed, it appears that there is a bug that's causing Vimeo video not to be saved or added. While at this time there is no time frame for the resolution, the team is working to resolve the issue and I will be sending you a reply as soon as I receive further updates from them. "

So it's a bug, and they dont know when or if it will be fixed. Great.

I have asked the same question: there is no bug. It's called incompetence.

0d04edc6
Community Member

The issue remains to this day. Whenever I tried to add Vimeo videos to my Upwork portfolio, I can only do so by embed and not by link like I can with YouTube videos. Furthermore, when I do so, the final image after publishing is of a broken link, even though it is not broken. Please see screen shot below. Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 6.20.05 PM.png

Sincerely,
Ken Lehman
Owner & Video Editor
Excelsior Video Studio LLC
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths