Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
11 of 12

Manny C wrote:

Greetings to the Upwork Team

I registered with Upwork a few months ago and would now like to use it on a regular basis. I have sent several proposals in the past few weeks, but have never received any response to any of them.

I am wondering if there could be an issue with my account, or if perhaps there is something I am not doing right? Any tips in order to improve my visibility to clients would be most appreciated.

Best Regards
Manny

There is much discussion on the forum about invitations, the order of search results, etc, but I think that's completely overrated. The important thing is the jobs you apply to, and the proposals that you send. Here it is also immaterial if your profile has been set to private due to inactivity, the clients will be able to access your profile through your proposals.  

So which jobs are you applying? You are not a native English speaker, so don't apply to any that require it (or expect it without explicitely stating it, because this is an English speaking platform). You will certainly have a French accent, even if you think you don't, so you should be concentrating on voice-over in French. Probably not tons of jobs in that area, I don't know. Or the rare case where they need English with a charming French accent... 

Manny C Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
12 of 12

Hi Martina,

Thank you for your answer.

The advise and tips you give are all legit and relevant, although you shared them with a lovely candidness (which you are probably not aware of), assuming that I am a complete novice Smiley Happy 

But I am not. I took the time to weigh the pros and cons of each job I have applied for thus far, and I am plainly aware of my limitations, strengths as well as what the industries I work in (which include not only the Voice Over realm but also the "Translation field", so to speak, as well as the Music industry) are in search for and need of. In this respect, you are perfectly right: being a French-speaking VO Artist (with a French accent indeed) in an English-speaking environment does limit you to a specific niche, and most of the work I usually get where I live (Cape Town) is in French, not in English. 

Anyway, thank you again for the time you have taken to share some thoughts.

Best Regards
Manny

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS