🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

507 REPLIES 507

Hi Aaron,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8143cea1
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I haven't heard from anyone. not even a confirmation.

Hi Aaron,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
3bb620d1
Community Member

Hi!
Upwork asked me for verification. I submitted my ID copy but I failed to do
visual verification. As my laptop camera is not working. I do QR scan and
send msg but as it is the turn of visual verification I'm failed. Today is
last day of verification. Plz help me what to do next.
Thank you

Hi Jovarya,

Are you able to attempt to complete the verification process from a smartphone instead? Let us know if that helps.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

i done your work .i am also use chat gpt
9a1a1f05
Community Member

I've done the first 2 steps of worker verification on Upwork, but things stop working at the 3rd. I have to do a visual verification where I show my face, but on both phone and computer, on Safari and Microsoft Edge, the page stays white and the camera turns on but then turns off.

So I can't fully verify my account. Help.

Can a member reach out to me with a ticket please.

Hi Kendrah,

I'm sorry you're having trouble completing the verification process. I notified the relevant team and they've just recently contacted you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
26f7de03
Community Member

I was testing my phone camera and it seems it captured a different face instead of mine. I need to retake the photo so that my profile can be verified. I just landed my first contract.

Hi Quinter,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
50e0e0e2
Community Member

Well it's ok I need it

Dawit Lemma
559e96f6
Community Member

Hello, I am currently conducting video verification. I have already submitted my ID card photo, but when I was conducting mobile video verification, the video verification never passed.
The process is as follows: I opened the video verification window based on the SMS link, and an oval window appeared. I held my phone up for a long time to take photos, and the photos were normal without any problems.
But after a period of time, the webpage display expired.
I have repeated this process several times, all with the same result.
I don't understand why. This should be automatic photography, not manual photography. I didn't see any buttons for manual photography.
I want to choose to have a conversation with the agent, but my spoken English is very poor, and I am not sure if I can have a normal conversation with the agent.
I don't know what to do.

Hi hongtao,

I understand you're having trouble completing the visual verification. You can try speaking with an agent instead so we can properly assist you in completing this process. We'll do our best to provide you with simple instructions as to not make things more complicated. Feel free to ask the agent to rephrase or repeat their question or statement if it wasn't clear.

You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
cdcb2f20
Community Member

I have a problem in id verification they said We are reviewing your selfie  and it's a week so far and i can't make id verification I uploaded my id photot but in vain. I don't know what to do 

Create a new ID and use it when they request your photo. When they ask for your verification, provide your selfie, and the verification process should go smoothly.

You can email them about this issue. If they are late with their solution, you can follow Altaf H's

Hi Con,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an Agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
cdbec767
Community Member

hi upwork, my identification has been uploaded but my selfie has not been verified, but wont let me do it again, how do i fix this?

Hi Aaron,

I took a closer look at your profile and can confirm that your selfie has been accepted. Your ID is Verified, and you should see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
66df1bae
Community Member

Hi 

I am facing an issue with the profile photo. My Id verification through the ID card was verified but then when selfie was taken, the verification process  halted and I received an email that my photo on ID card and profile photo should match. I believe the religious beliefs are resapected by UPWORK because in my public display of photo, I have NIQAAB (face veil) on. Please guide me on this matter

thanks

Hi Nida,

I see you've coordinated with one of our Support team members via chat. It looks like you've been assisted accordingly and resolved the issue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
saibalneogi
Community Member

Hi, my visual verification is not completed yet. it's still showing ''We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.'' may i know how long it will take to complete the process because the given timeline has already been over!

Hi Saibal,

Thank you for reaching out. If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an Agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork

I can't see that option either! Is there any way i can take the selfie once again?Screenshot 1945-08-16 at 6.53.29 PM.png

Hi Saibal,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for the response. Please make it quick, as it already consumed a lot of time.

0247589b
Community Member

Hi Support Team,

My visual verification is pending from last 6-7 days.Why its taking that much time .
As per the message on the page it says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day."

Can you please check it on pririty and do let me know if anything additional required from my side .

PS: As i didn't find any support email id so posting it over community forum.

Hi Vishesh,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Any update on this? I am getting this warning and today seems to be last day

[image: image.png]
351c3b7b
Community Member

I've been asked to verify my identity to keep applying to jobs,  I passed the two first steps successfully (ID document verification and Location verification) but it's been more than three days and I didn't get an answer from the third step Visual verification, I keep getting this message : We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.

If it's been more than three days and you haven't received a response for the Visual verification step, it's a good idea to follow up with the organization or platform you're applying to for jobs. There might be a delay or an issue with the verification process, and they can provide further assistance or information on the status of your application.

Hi Abdelhak,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f56baecb
Community Member

Hey,

I have been trying more than 4-5 times to verify my ID, and after sending the photos of my ID it goes to the state "We are reviewing your ID" or Not ?, then it leaves that state and asks me to enter the ID verification again and again

Note: I have sent photos of my documents of the best quality 5 times and they always ask me again already I submit my ID card 1 day ago

Hi Md Jweel,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello i very big issue

i try to contact Upwork support team he didn't give a solution just say upload your document on the verification link

But my Problem is ,

I have been trying more than 5 times to verify my ID, and after sending the photos of my ID it goes to the state "We are reviewing your ID", then it leaves that state and asks me to enter the ID verification again.

I repeat please the problem: I have sent photos of my documents of the best quality 5 times and they always ask me again

that is my problem please help me to verify "it's already 2 day over"

Hi Md Jweel,

I see you already have a support ticket regarding your concern, and the team recently responded to you. Please continue coordinating with them through your support ticket. 

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and achieve the best possible outcome faster.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
b35dc465
Community Member

Hi Luiggi R

I am facing the same issue. 
Can you please let me know what would be a next step? 
https://prnt.sc/dutci4PInpAB

Thanks,
Hardik

Hi Hardik,

Looking at the screengrab you shared, you're still missing some documentation to complete the verification. Can you please click "Continue" to upload what's missing?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b35dc465
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I have done this 3 times already.

After your reply I did that again.

Now 4 more days have passed.

But, I am still facing this problem.

Hi Hardik,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths