🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: W-8BEN form and address
Page options
pavel_kutsevol
Community Member

W-8BEN form and address

Hi everyone! I registered on UpWork when I stayed in the Czech Republic. Currently I live in the United States. I am not an American citizen, but I have a work permit (based on a student visa F-1).

I can't change my address to the american one, as the web-site says I should provide the W-8BEN form first. Does anyone know how to change the address from Czechia to USA and how to upload the form?

Also, as someone who stays here on a student visa with a work permit, do I have to provide ITIN, foreign tax identifying number and claim of tax treaty benefits?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Pavel,

You can update your contact information on your account to match your physical location by going to Settings> Contact Info> Location. If you are located in the U.S. you'll need to complete the W-9 form to access your earnings. About your Visa situation, we can't advise you on whether you are eligible to work on Upwork. If you are not clear on whether you can use Upwork to find and perform services for clients, you may want to discuss your situation with an immigration attorney or other trusted advisor.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

I can't update my account contact information and change the address because the web-site asks me to fill out the form first. And I can't fill out the W-8BEN form because the address is set to the Czech Republic. That's the issue.

Hi Pavel,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Just tried to log in and change my address from another browser. The issue still persists.

Thanks

Hi Pavel,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths