🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: W-8BEN is not accepted, Get Paid says to ...
Page options
coder_gabriela
Community Member

W-8BEN is not accepted, Get Paid says to fill out W-9 Form

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Gabriela,

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer. For those who are U.S persons, they should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form. 

Please log in to your account and kindly go to settings>tax information. Once there, kindly choose "I am a U.S. person", and you should be able to view the Form W-9. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am not a U.S. person. As I said, I filled out everything properly and for
some reason "getting back" doesn't recognize that. Could you please connect
me with the customer support?

Hi Gabriela,

I`m sorry about the confusion.

Due to your current location, you will need to fill out the W9 form in order to be able to withdraw your funds. Feel free to complete the form and your payment method will become active immediately. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Gabriela,

I've sent you a private message with more information, feel free to respond if you need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
coder_gabriela
Community Member

All of you misunderstand my problem.

As listed on IRS website, I AM NOT A UNITED STATES PERSON. 

Look closely under Foreign Persons. I belong there, I AM A NONRESIDENT ALIEN INDIVIDUAL. Therefore, I need to fill out form W-8BEN.

Please be so kind and connect me to the real customer service. This is such a waste of time.

IRS.PNG

Hi Gabriela,

As shared in our private communication, I can reiterate that the information we provided is correct and also confirm the tax form is working as designed. As mentioned in my last private message, someone from our team will follow up with you directly and offer more information. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths