🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » W-8BEN tax information.
Page options
anumbachineze
Community Member

W-8BEN tax information.

Hello, I am new to Upwork, please where can I get the W-8BEN tax information form to fill.

I am a Non-US citizen. Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chineze,

You don't need to send a physical copy of your W-8BEN form, just complete the form in your Settings. If you don't have a registered company please provide your full legal name in that field, along with your personal address on the Tax Info page under Settings. Check out this help article for more details.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chineze,

You don't need to send a physical copy of your W-8BEN form, just complete the form in your Settings. If you don't have a registered company please provide your full legal name in that field, along with your personal address on the Tax Info page under Settings. Check out this help article for more details.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, I really appreciate

Thank you, I really appreciate
59f7c8cf
Community Member

Hello, the VAT issue worries me, because I live in Spain and I am not an EU citizen or resident. So what should I do?

Hi Armen,

Upwork charges VAT to freelancers and agencies in certain countries unless specific exemption requirements are met. Upwork is required to collect this tax and pay it to the appropriate government agency. You may want to consult with a local tax advisor so that you can be guided accordingly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths