🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » W-9 Tax Form
Page options
05b53b26
Community Member

W-9 Tax Form

I just joined Upwork to make some money over the summer, and it says that to withdraw earnings that I need to fill out a W-9 tax form.  I still live with my parents and have never had a job, so I have never payed taxes before.  I was wondering if I can still access my earnings if I don't pay taxes and was also wondering how to fill out the form since I don't pay taxes?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jack, 

Are you over 18? Take note that only users over 18 are allowed to use Upwork. You will need to fill in Form W-9 in this section of your account to fill in your Tax Information. I would recommend that you consult with a local tax advisor so that you know your obligations as a taxpayer in your country. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jack, 

Are you over 18? Take note that only users over 18 are allowed to use Upwork. You will need to fill in Form W-9 in this section of your account to fill in your Tax Information. I would recommend that you consult with a local tax advisor so that you know your obligations as a taxpayer in your country. 

~ Avery
Upwork
05b53b26
Community Member

Hey Avery,

Thanks for the reply.  I am 19, so I should be fine there.  Thanks for the advice, I will look into it.

Jack

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths