🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » W-9 form
Page options
7e58b12c
Community Member

W-9 form

I'm looking for some guidance. I am new to Upwork and will fill out the W-9, but I keep getting an Error 404 when clicking the link. Additionally, does anyone know where I can get a TIN? Do I need to get a business license?

Thanks for the information. There's a lot to learn; I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Ann,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser?

To provide Upwork with your Form W-9 information, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Tax Information
  2. Provide us with your:
    • Legal Name – Your own name, or your business name if you're filing as a company entity
    • Address – Where Upwork will mail your Form 1099-K or other tax forms, if necessary
    • Filing Status – Type of IRS tax filing you will use for earnings
    • Taxpayer Identification Number – TIN type and # you will use for your IRS tax filing
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Ann,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser?

To provide Upwork with your Form W-9 information, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Tax Information
  2. Provide us with your:
    • Legal Name – Your own name, or your business name if you're filing as a company entity
    • Address – Where Upwork will mail your Form 1099-K or other tax forms, if necessary
    • Filing Status – Type of IRS tax filing you will use for earnings
    • Taxpayer Identification Number – TIN type and # you will use for your IRS tax filing
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths