🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: W-9 from Upwork
Page options
23eb6201
Community Member

W-9 from Upwork

Hi, before I can do business with Upwork, I need a W-9 to issue a purchase order. Can someone please contact me to get the right paperwork?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Jock,

Freelancers are required to fill in the W-9 on Upwork which you sign electronically by submitting the form. You can access it by going to Settings  Tax Information. For more information, please check this help article. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
23eb6201
Community Member

Joanne,
Thanks for the quick reply. As the company seeking freelancers, why do I need to sign a W-9? I need a W-9 to verify an entity in order to issue a purchase order. Do I have access to the hired freelancer's W-9?
Jock
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jock, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you through an email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8534246a
Community Member

Hello,

I have a similar question regarding needing a W-9 for a purchase order. Was the previous commenters request resolved, if so I would like to know how or potentially be put in contact with the Customer Support Team as well.

Thanks,

Owen

It was resolved but you have to be persistent.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Owen

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to address your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths