cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-9 from Upwork

Highlighted
Jock P Member Since: Sep 29, 2019
1 of 7

Hi, before I can do business with Upwork, I need a W-9 to issue a purchase order. Can someone please contact me to get the right paperwork?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 7

Hi Jock,

Freelancers are required to fill in the W-9 on Upwork which you sign electronically by submitting the form. You can access it by going to Settings  Tax Information. For more information, please check this help article. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 7
Joanne,
Thanks for the quick reply. As the company seeking freelancers, why do I need to sign a W-9? I need a W-9 to verify an entity in order to issue a purchase order. Do I have access to the hired freelancer's W-9?
Jock
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 7

Hi Jock, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you through an email to assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Owen C Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
5 of 7

Hello,

I have a similar question regarding needing a W-9 for a purchase order. Was the previous commenters request resolved, if so I would like to know how or potentially be put in contact with the Customer Support Team as well.

Thanks,

Owen

Highlighted
6 of 7

It was resolved but you have to be persistent.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 7

Hi Owen

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to address your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled