cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W8-BEN Form

Highlighted
Momina H Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
1 of 4

I do not have any earnings outside Upwork. Which means, tilll yet I have not been a taxpayer. And I have just started working here as a freelance. How am I supposed to fill the W8-BEN form then?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Momina, 

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. You will only need to provide your legal name and address on the W-8BEN form, and once you have filed it, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

-Avery
Untitled
Vinay V Member Since: Jan 18, 2019
3 of 4

Where do i submit or to whom do i submit my W-8BEN form ? and what is that W-8BEN certification you guys have mentioned i cannot take the certification as its not in the test list. 

i have already submitted my legal name and clicked on non - us person what else must i do ? please help me.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 4

Hi Vinay,

In addition to the information, Avery shared you can check out this Help Article to learn more about this form.  Under the Legal Name tab you will need to add your full legal name, if you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS