🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » WHAT COMES AFTER INTERVIEW?
Page options
akilberger
Community Member

WHAT COMES AFTER INTERVIEW?

I just completed my phone interview and the gentlemen said I was hired!  My first job since being on here!  Super excited!  Now what?

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

The gentleman said you were hired!

Maybe that is true.

Maybe that is not true.

It does not really matter what he said.

It matters what he DOES.

If the client hires you, then you are hired.

If the client does not hire you, then you are not hired.

If a client ACTUALLY hires you, he clicks a "HIre" button on the client-side Upwork interface. That sends a message to YOU so that you can click an "Accept" button.

Then, if you are actually hired, you will see the contract listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

If you see see the contract there, then you can work.

If you don't see the contract there, then don't work.

If a client says you hired but he doesn't actually send you the official Upwork hire offer, there are 2 possibilities:

a) The client is new and does not know how to use Upwork properly yet.

b) The client is a scammer who is trying to trick you into working for free.

petra_r
Community Member

Amber K wrote:

I just completed my phone interview and the gentlemen said I was hired!  My first job since being on here!  Super excited!  Now what?

You wait until you get a proper Upwork offer, you check all the details, and only start doing anything else when you checked that the project is fully funded (if it is fixed rate) or the hours and the rate are correct if hourly.

The offer will show under Offers (funnily enough) on your Find Work > Proposals Page.

Is the client's payment method verified? (check on the job post)

Only accept the contract when you have all the information needed to log the first 10 minutes of work or complete the first milestone.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Amber K wrote:

Congratulations! 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Amber K wrote:

That is a question that only your client can answer.

1. Have you accepted an offer through upwork?

2. Has the client offered to buy you office equipment or send you a check? 

lysis10
Community Member

This seems scammy. 

wescowley
Community Member

There's a whole bunch of material linked from the pinned post at the top of this forum - make sure you read through that before getting started - especially the ones about avoiding scams.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths