cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN WILL I GET THE JOB

anusridevi
Anupama G Member Since: May 4, 2017
1 of 7

HI - I have not got any job so far afer submitting 4 proposals. please suggest.

regards

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 7

I've literally never heard anyone say they got a job here after submitting just four proposals. I'm sure it's happened, but it's certainly not the norm. I had 20+ years in my field when I started on Upwork, and it took about 30 proposals before I got my first offer.

castrother03
Therese C Member Since: May 18, 2017
3 of 7

As depressing as this sounds, I totally get you. I submitted more than 20 proposals and have got nothing. It's very disheartening especially if you've got experience already. But don't lose hope! I do believe there are people who will see your worth. Though they're few, they're still there. Good luck.

nb88
Community Leader
Nick B Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
4 of 7

Just got to keep going, guys. I've been on here four years and done more than 50 jobs but I still only get about one in eight of those I apply for. It's a numbers game. In the meantime, make your profile and portfolio as good as you can. 

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 7

Anupama, you do data entry according to your profile. If you submitted proposals to 4 data entry jobs, all of them probably had 50 or more proposals submitted, so all things being equal, you had maybe a 4 out of 50 chance of being hired. So you will probably need to apply many more times before you get hired, if you keep applying for data entry jobs.

Heshan J Member Since: Dec 27, 2016
6 of 7

I agree with John K.

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
Farid Ahammed B Member Since: May 30, 2016
7 of 7

Wish you good Luck Anupama, Just try to bid before 10 proposals, Even I have got my 1st job at upwork after six months, Just apply jobs which is most relevant with your skills, Good Luck