🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » WHY CAN I GET NO INTERACTIONS FROM 240 APPLIC...
Page options
dfd557fb
Community Member

WHY CAN I GET NO INTERACTIONS FROM 240 APPLICATIONS?

I've been a designer for 14 years.
I have a lot of good design examples on my Upwork profile.
I applied for over 200 jobs.
If the brief is descriptive, I applied carefully by preparing application explanatory texts and examples. Why am I not even getting any interactions, let alone getting a job?

This is not normal at all.

Or have I become invisible in a way I don't know?

I tried to search for my name via my very old client account, but I could not myself. After I specify the search, then I could find my profile. Is that normal?

This is really upsetting.

Upwork is a prestigious service for freelancers.

But such situations affect the trust of freelancers.

I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Please help me if you can do anything.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Amanda, I could not find it. I suppose a feature may be closed.

Ekran Resmi 2022-04-18 06.08.54.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Havva, 

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry to hear that you still have not received interactions from clients. Many successful freelancers in the Community have shared that it took them some time to get a project while freelancing. When I was freelancing full time, it took me six months to get a client to reply to my proposal! Don't lose hope just yet! 

I checked your account, and I can see that you have an excellent rating and positive feedback from your previous client. Y
ou can also check out these resources we put together for tips and insights on creating unique and eye-catching proposals and hopefully help you be a successful freelancer.

As for searching yourself in the marketplace, I want to share that note that search results will be different depending on who is searching. The results you see will differ from the results a client gets searching for a particular job they posted. You can try tweaking your profile, add some keywords that describe what you do in your profile title and see if you get different results. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dfd557fb
Community Member

Thank you for your kind reply.
While I have been consulting with my Upwork freelancer friends from many different industries, they also find this situation strange. Yes, it may take time to get a job, but it still doesn't seem normal to me that my proposals, which have been prepared in detail for more than two hundred people, have not even received any interaction.
These and similar situations force people to believe in urban legends such as "the shadow ban".
In order not to leave a gray area related to Upwork, I recommend that you;
- I would like to request that we have the ability to see if the proposals we have sent have been read.
- I ask that our profile appears in statistics not only in searches, but also via our proposals.
In this way, we will be able to create more accurate application strategies.
I feel like I'm walking around in the dark right now. I'm making an application, and my application is getting lost in the dark of the space. I don't even know if it's been read or not. Therefore, I cannot understand which application method is correct or not.
I also wrote short applications,  long applications, applications that ask a customer a question, etc... I have tried many application methods, but I have not received any interaction from any of them.
We are Upwork's business partners. It would really be great for freelancers to implement these two suggestions to grow this excellent and great network.

b53f8143
Community Member

Hello Havva Y, I'm totally agree with you .For the new freelancers on Upwork it's very difficult to find your way to  the right clients you make hundreds of  proposals that's coasting you a lot and you don't have absolutely no idea if this proposal was read or not.

I would like to request that the proposal must be declined by  the client if it wasn't accepted. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Havva, looking at your profile text, I suspect that your proposals may not be as strong as you think. Remember that clients get a preview on both proposals and profiles that are only the first two lines. You are wasting yours with the word "Hello" and a space after it....meaning the client doesn't see much in the preview, so regardless of whatever you are sending, it's being overlooked. 

Delete the "Hello" on your profile, and just dive right in, don't waste those 2 lines. With your proposals, make sure you aren't doing "Hello" with a whole line space afterwards. Instead you can open with: "Hello! THEN DIVE RIGHT IN ON THE SAME LINE WITH YOUR FIRST SENTENCE." That way you don't lose the preview opportunity. 

Your profile text in general seems kind of generic and lacks a unique selling point. What is the unique solution you provide to the client? What's unique about working with you? Consider this in your proposals too. 

If you'd like to PM one of your proposals, I'd be happy to give you some feedback on it so you can improve. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi Amanda,

I changed my proposal by doing what you said. But I still haven't seen any tangible changes. Can you tell me please how I can contact you as PM if your offer is still valid to show if I have any other problems?

dfd557fb
Community Member

Thank you for your advice.

I will consider your recommendations. I hope there will be a solution.

Because I have put a lot of effort into this platform. However, despite such efforts, it is very exhausting to not get a result.
Thank you for your support in these depressed times of ours.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Havva, you list your English skills as fluent; however there are quite a few errors in your profile.  You might find a friend to fix them.  I'm not saying that is the problem, but fixing it up can't hurt.  

You only recently updated your profile. Give it time, especially as this weekend is Passover, Easter and Ramadan and many clients are not working.

Thank you Dear Mary, for your advice. I'll try to fix it.

Havva if you click on my name, you will see an icon to send a message. You can copy & paste a proposal there if you'd like me to take a look. 

a_lipsey_0-1650244532447.png

Dear Amanda, I could not find it. I suppose a feature may be closed.

Ekran Resmi 2022-04-18 06.08.54.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths