🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » WILL I EVER HAVE A CLIENT?
Page options
jsmnmrpsds
Community Member

WILL I EVER HAVE A CLIENT?

It's been a week now and I still don't have clients even after submitting proposals. When will I ever get a client?

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

A week? That is not very long. Some freelancers take many months to get hired. Most freelancers never get hired.

According to your profile, you don't really have any specific skills. You're just offering to work as a data entry person.

If you work hard and persevere I don't doubt that you can succeed here. But it will take you longer to get hired than a person who has specific, in-demand skills or expertise.

mijan1987
Community Member

will I ever have a client

re: "will I ever have a client"

The original poster has created a freelancer account.

You have not done so.

One of you is more likely to get a client than the other.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Please read Upwork's resources for new freelancers and as Preston suggests, other community posts as this question gets asked daily.  

Keep at it.  One week is like a second in the freelancer world.  Learn to be patient.  

It could take months before you land your first job.

a_lipsey
Community Member

I might be out of touch, but I have no idea what a "native Facebook and Instagram user" is. Were you born at HQ?  Are you Zuckerberg's long-lost daughter? Smiley Very Happy

My point being that your list of skills is not very specific or clear. You could tighten up your profile, and it might help. 

"native Facebook and Instagram user":

One parent was from Facebook. One parent was from Instagram.

Preston H wrote:

"native Facebook and Instagram user":

One parent was from Facebook. One parent was from Instagram.

And then they merged to become...dun dun dunnnnn Wonder Twins ACTIVATE..... form of NATIVE FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM USER.

WELL THANK YOU FOR THE NATIVE FB AND INSTA JOKES YOU GUYS GAVE, I JUST LANDED MY FIRST WORK IN UPWORK. AFTER A WEEK, not bad! :heart_suit:💛:heart_suit:

Congratulations, Jasmine!

I bet you'll do a great job for the client and get excellent feedback.

Jasmine Marie P wrote:
WELL THANK YOU FOR THE NATIVE FB AND INSTA JOKES YOU GUYS GAVE, I JUST LANDED MY FIRST WORK IN UPWORK. AFTER A WEEK, not bad! :heart_suit:💛:heart_suit:

That's great! Congrats! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths