cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want that first job. I followed the post recommendations and still no job

claikind
Christine L Member Since: Oct 24, 2016
11 of 14

Thank you - I made my profile 100% complete. I have tweaked my profile a couple of times. I adjusted my hourly rate a couple of times. I don't know if it is my approach in proposal writing. I tell myself it might be a numbers game - I try to submit at least 4 to 6 proposals a day - but I am trying to pick the ones that are within my skills, and that sound "good' - there are some that are out there that are "non descriptive", (no details) or have really really low hourly rates. 

That is why I am finally reaching out in here for help. guidance - anything. So I can start getting work. I am good at what I do. I enjoy what I do and want to share that! 

shreedhanu
Dhananjay D Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
12 of 14

It is really nice practice that you are writing 4-6 proposals and I still follow this practice religiously and it pays.

Initially, I designed my proposal nicely with great presentation untill one day I reallised that it is not the design and presentation of proposal but our ability to connect with client's problem is the key factor in getting client's attention and this can lead to a possible conversation/interview and if one negotiates well, a possible job order.

I see you are only a step away from your first job order, it's only a matter of time. All the best for your future endeavours.

Regards

DD

claikind
Christine L Member Since: Oct 24, 2016
13 of 14

Thank you. I have narrowed my scope. Re-wrote my profile and let's see happens now. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 14

Hi Christine,

You have already received some great advice from Community members here and I encourage you to check the link Rene shared in his post for more useful resources and tips. 

Profile video isn't required and a lot of freelancers find success on Upwork without adding it to their profile. So you may want to focus more on you profile overview and proposal.

Best of luck!

Note: This thread has been moved to "New to Upwork" section as it may help other freelancers who are getting started.

~ Valeria
Upwork