🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Want to avoid suspension
Page options
ghazali-kb
Community Member

Want to avoid suspension

Hi, I'm Ghazali a graphic designer on Upwork.

I have a friend who is jealous of me because my Upwork account was accepted and his own wasn't. I heard from another friend that he is trying to create an Upwork account with similar details to my Upwork account so that Upwork will assume that I have two accounts then suspend me. 

So I am afraid and I don't know what to do because I want to avoid being suspended from Upwork.

This person knows well about me. He knows my address, phone number, etc except my passwords. So He can create an account very similar to my account. Do I need to make my account private or edit my profile? Please help. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dataextract
Community Member

And that plagiarism alone not enough to suspend an account.

Even if he creates an account from your own system, Upwork will not suspend your account for that reason alone. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
luce-neidert
Community Member

Why do you call him a friend?

Luce N wrote:

Why do you call him a friend?

It's always the elusive "friend" or "girlfriend."

OP is an auto acceptedcel, so uhh yeah sure the friend can't just do the same. the friend must just be jealous.

I now know his true colors and I will no longer consider him a friend. But
Thank you very much for the information
dataextract
Community Member

And that plagiarism alone not enough to suspend an account.

Even if he creates an account from your own system, Upwork will not suspend your account for that reason alone. 

Thank you very much for the information
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Ghazali K wrote:

Hi, I'm Ghazali a graphic designer on Upwork.

I have a friend who is jealous of me because my Upwork account was accepted and his own wasn't. I heard from another friend that he is trying to create an Upwork account with similar details to my Upwork account so that Upwork will assume that I have two accounts then suspend me. 

So I am afraid and I don't know what to do because I want to avoid being suspended from Upwork.

This person knows well about me. He knows my address, phone number, etc except my passwords. So He can create an account very similar to my account. Do I need to make my account private or edit my profile? Please help. What should I do?

Your "friend" can't sign up with your name and contact information, and if he steals any of your portfolio items, you can report him (use the "flag as inappropriate" link on his profile, if he manages to get accepted). But if he signs up by claiming to be a designer who has the same skills as you, well, thousands of people here know how to do Photoshop, Indesign etc., so that's no big deal and it doesn't mean that he'll ever get hired. If he doesn't really have the skills that he claims to have, then he'll just be wasting his time and money.

thank you very much

Christine A wrote:

Your "friend" can't sign up with your name and contact information, and if he steals any of your portfolio items, you can report him (use the "flag as inappropriate" link on his profile, if he manages to get accepted). But if he signs up by claiming to be a designer who has the same skills as you, well, thousands of people here know how to do Photoshop, Indesign etc., so that's no big deal and it doesn't mean that he'll ever get hired. If he doesn't really have the skills that he claims to have, then he'll just be wasting his time and money.

Yes, but his "friend" has all his passwords. You know like when you make an account but you've given all your friends your passwords and you just can't help but use the same password on your Upwork account and all your friends could possibly log into the account? It's like that. 

None of my friends know my Upwork password so I think I am safe, right?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths