cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to be a part of agency/ Need help

Ana B Member Since: Feb 7, 2017
1 of 13

Hi!

When I am looking for a "project manager" on the seach, on the first page appear only agencies, how I can offer my service to them?

I am applying for two or three job every day, but any hire as a "project manager" until now, I need help.....

Thanks

Ana 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 13

Hi Ana,

The only way to join an agency is to be invited by an agency administrator. Your relationship with them (as an employee or contractor) is managed privately outside of Upwork. Check out for more information about agencies.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Spencer M Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
3 of 13

I could use a project manager. I can only show results by my work. my people and customer service skills. not so much. I cant offer you much unless you can secure at least two wordpress projects on a day to day basis. I can but It takes work that honestly I dont have too much time to work on. If you would like to join an agency, I could really use the help, assuming you can bring in business. more money for my company means more money for you.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 13

I think she's asking for an agency because she can't pull in work. 2 WP projects a day? You're kidding, right?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 13

Spencer has a unique profile. I found this statement intriguing: "Joomla platform is still in it's infancy". Given that it started in 2005, it must have severe developmental challenges. Cat Sad

6 of 13

2 projects a day and only 1 person in the agency. yeah OK.

And this is gonna bite you in the butt in a dispute, Spencer. "I absolutely can get this project done today for you." You make promises without knowing scope? And a DAY?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 13

His website certainly has a theme developed from scratch, and offering it as a download's a nice touch, but I don't think it's what most clients are looking for, and hosting it with x10 free hosting might give it the semblance of a shoestring operation.

8 of 13

It does seem a little off, but I can explain that. I did develop my own theme and my own advertising scripting to make it least likely for more well known firms to not block out so much and with a radomiztion algorithm I wrote it it is unpredictable & easy to integrate other advertising bits. There was a time I had lost everything and had to start from scratch. I never upgraded my x10 plan because I was able to showcase my talents with SEO google rankings, and ranked my website. It was more or less to showcase how much control and skill I have with SEO. Now while styling and design are not my strongest points, I am able to design a website within my client's design assuming that they provide the schematics and styling requirements. My talents are mostly backend. And I try to stay up to date with the community. Do you have any advice you can pass to me? I'm open for any suggestions.

Spencer M Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
9 of 13

Honestly that was a copy and paste from one of my proposals from one of my bigger projects I had in the past. I do have a lot to fix on my profile. Thank you for pointing that out. Before I correct my profile, could you suggest some edits I am open to feedback to improve my profie.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 13

@Spencer M wrote:

Honestly that was a copy and paste from one of my proposals from one of my bigger projects I had in the past. I do have a lot to fix on my profile. Thank you for pointing that out. Before I correct my profile, could you suggest some edits I am open to feedback to improve my profie.

oic

be careful with those promises. If it goes into arbitration, the arbiter is going to ask you about promising something in a day and you failed to deliver.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS