cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Sasa M Member Since: Feb 6, 2011
91 of 1,391
I think these tips are helpful, thank you
Avery C Member Since: Mar 14, 2011
92 of 1,391
I think you gave very solid advice. Although I am new to oDesk I have been an independant recruiting contractor for five years. I agree with you in giving various methods to be contacted at as well as asking questions because it shows your interest in the position. Thank you, Avery
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
93 of 1,391
Thank you very much. This will help a lot. From the Philippines
Taaha K Member Since: Feb 27, 2011
94 of 1,391
Hi, I've tried to follow all the advice on your post and applied to a dozen jobs over the past few weeks but I haven't received a single offer yet. My profile is 100%, I've taken a number of relevant tests on oDesk, scoring in the top 10 or 20 percentile (in some cases, better than 100% of test takers, such as in MS Excel 2007) and I think my charges are a real bargain. Furthermore, my cover letters don't have any cut and pastes as I make sure I address the real concerns of the job to the best of my understanding. Any idea where I'm lacking? Thanks for your advice.
jannatul f Member Since: Sep 10, 2010
95 of 1,391
great post buddy... can work as a helping hand for newbies
John B Member Since: Mar 19, 2011
96 of 1,391
thanks!
Patricia C Member Since: Mar 9, 2011
97 of 1,391
Hi Naomi, Your advice is what I needed, I will be making the necessary changes I need in order to acquire Odesk jobs.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
98 of 1,391
Good afternoon! I found an ad to this site on Facebook and, since I am a translator and interpreter, decided to take a look around. On creating my profile I get to the point where, to verify my identity, this site is asking me to upload a "valid government ID or passport" (or a copy of my bank account??). Now, in my well over 27 years of experience and over 15 years bidding online for jobs this is the first time a web site asks me for such sensitive and personal information. Regardless of this website's assurances of confidenciality I am a little worried about uploading this type of information (actual copies that could be counterfitted). Can people with a lot more experience working with this site give me your impressions and/or vouch for the safety of personal and confidential records on this site?
Tahir M Member Since: Jun 28, 2010
99 of 1,391
Thank you very much for the advice which I believe will work for me ,am confident
Joshua Vincent S Member Since: Mar 30, 2011
100 of 1,391
Thanks, this post will help out a lot.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS