cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1171 of 1,375

re: "...would really appreciate if someone check out my profile and give me a honest opinion..."

Your profile is set to private. Neither clients doing a search for contractors, nor Forum Participants, can see your profile.

Vanja N Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
1172 of 1,375

I believe it's public now...? I set public on Profile settings, I don't know why it doesn't display here.

1173 of 1,375

I believe that now I solved that issue about a visibility of my profile. So if someone can give me a honest opinion and suggestion on how to improve my profile. Thanks in advance!

Paola B Member Since: Apr 1, 2017
1174 of 1,375
Hello guys, I'm new here, I have few days trying to find a job, but I don't know what happen. I don't know if I have a problem with my profile. Can anybody help me? Pleeeasee!! Smiley Sad
Community Leader
Alan H Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
1175 of 1,375

Hi Vanja,

It is not yet visible. I sent you a PM with screenshots and these instructions:

You can make your profile public by going to your user name in the top right-hand corner of the Upwork interface, then clicking the green arrow, then selecting "settings," then under "user settings," choosing "profile settings," then selecting either setting that is not "private."

Hope this helps! -Alan

1176 of 1,375

Alan,

Thank you so much, but that is exactly what I have done. I have set up Visibility on Public, but I see it still display "Profile is not public"....

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1177 of 1,375

Hi Vanja,

You may need to sign-out of the Community and then sign back in for your settings to change.

-Lena

Untitled
1178 of 1,375

Hi Lena,

Thanks for suggestion, but it doesn't work...

Christina P Member Since: Sep 30, 2017
1179 of 1,375

Hi Alan

Please check mine too, its been ages since I have this account back in 2014 but wasn't serious about it until 2017 and saw that there were proposals sent to me but is now no longer available due to super delayed response, please help me on what needs to be done to improve my profile.

Super thanks in advance 

Stephanie G Member Since: Jun 20, 2009
1180 of 1,375
This is an excellent post for freelancers new and old with tips that can be applied to those working inside and outside of oDesk! I'm so glad someone has taken the time to give excellent advice like this so that more and more quality freelancers will thrive on this site. And I totally agree with the last step, which is to bid and to bid reasonably. It's really not worth your time and energy working at a rate or price that can't even pay for your electricity and DSL bills. And with hourly rates, I wrote a post last night that talks about setting the proper hourly rates based on how much you would like to earn, how much can cover your costs, and the like. I thought it was an issue that needs to be addressed since a lot of newbie freelancers don't really have an idea at first on how to set an hourly rate that they'd be happy working with. Stef
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS