Wowwwwww...thanks a million for this insight. It has helped me greatly! I have completed my profile (100%) and I am happy about that ! You just let me know that I am on the right track. Now I can continue forward! Take care!
Very happy Thursday to you.
Really appreciate your post. Read it to the end. I feel encouagedby it.
I too am new and was wondering when I will land my first job. Gonna make the adjustments to my profile etc.
Thanks a mil and blessings.
Might Upwork consider:
1. Classifying some jobs as "for new users only?"
2. Set a time limit for persons to be considered as "new users?"
3. Let persons poting jobs know and let freelancers know as well
4. This can be seen as spoon feeding but it could do a lot to encourage new users
5. Set a rate/cost/pay limit for these jobs
6. Allow a job poster to have only a small number (maybe 3) jobs classified for new users only.
What do you think?
re: "Can anybody give me an honest feedback about my profile?"
Your profile photo is wrong. Replace it.
Your profile page headline identifies you as a "C# and Delphi developer".
But the photo does not show a C# and Delphi developer. The photo shows a stand-up comedian.
Haha, nobody told me that before. Actually the picture is taken from a conference at which I was a speaker. I had NO idea I look like a stand-up comedian.
Thank you for your feedback. Will change the photo ASAP.