🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Want to make sure i'll get paid
Page options
keniaargueta
Community Member

Want to make sure i'll get paid

Hi there, i am brand new to upwork and had a client reach out to me last night to make a proposal on a job they had just posted. I made the proposl she liked it, started a contract of $30 per hour for some proofreading, editing, and translation. I did the work, she checked it over swanted some revisions, did the revisions she said that it was good then ended the contract without saying anything else. I logged my hours manually because i had no idea that there was a way to log them automatically. i did 3.5 hours of work which up work says i should get $105 i just want to make sure i wasnt robbed of my time and work and that i will be paid. My invoicce has no type of information on it. Thank you for any help you cna provide

3 REPLIES 3
wescowley
Community Member

As long as the client doesn't dispute the hours, you'll be paid for it, But, since manual time isn't protected by Upwork, if the client disputes it, they'll win.

melikee
Community Member

You can check the section about "Upwork hourly protection". 
If you downloaded the Upwork app, actually tracking time is much easier than adding them manually. And Upwork provides hourly protection only for the tracked time, not for manual hours. As soon as your client is ok with it, you won't have a problem though. You'll receive it next week (in review section of your reports page). 

Kenia A wrote:

Hi there, i am brand new to upwork and had a client reach out to me last night to make a proposal on a job they had just posted. I made the proposl she liked it, started a contract of $30 per hour for some proofreading, editing, and translation. I did the work, she checked it over swanted some revisions, did the revisions she said that it was good then ended the contract without saying anything else. I logged my hours manually because i had no idea that there was a way to log them automatically. i did 3.5 hours of work which up work says i should get $105 i just want to make sure i wasnt robbed of my time and work and that i will be paid. My invoicce has no type of information on it. Thank you for any help you cna provide

Next time make sure to track the time with the Upwork app. This is the way. 🙂 

PradeepH

Hello Kenia,

Your client will be billed automatically for the hours you logged but do note that manual time does not qualify for Hourly Payment Protection.

To benefit from Upwork Hourly Protection, make sure you use Upwork Desktop App to log time on hourly contracts. By doing so, and following the steps outlined in our Payment Protection article here, a freelancer is taking all of the necessary steps to have their payments covered. For more information about getting paid on your hourly contracts, please check this help article.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths