cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to sign nds form but??

vanessasanchez38
Vanessa S Member Since: Nov 4, 2016
1 of 19
Okay so nds was sent,i went over it and he send me link of his website ao it looks legit but seeing this my first contract he did offer his set offer which i might try to negotiate however i am still not sure of his legitimacy so i want to know if its appropriate to just call office to verify its really him.
mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 19

Not totally sure what you're asking, but make sure not to give out any personal iformation that you don't feel comfortable with. If you're talking about an NDA form, then that's not uncommon for many clients to ask for especially with medical records.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 19

Of course I'm only speaking for myself...

But as a client, I very much do not want freelancers trying to call me to "verify" anything.

I'm a real client. I send freelancers a real Upwork contract. I welcome freelancers discussing that contract with people in the Community Forum. I welcome freelancers messaging me if they have questions before they accept the contract.

But don't try to google my phone number and call my "office." Maybe I don't have an "office."

There's a reason I didn't send you my phone number. I don't want you to have my phone number, and I don't want you to call me.

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
4 of 19

Just out of curiosity...

On your profile you state something about withholding ethics?

Do you withhold your ethics on a regular basis?

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 19

Vanessa:

1) I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but if you're asking about how to tell if a job is a scam, you can see a great list of tips and warning signs in this thread: Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs. The post was written by Lena, an Upwork community moderator.

2) I have the same question as Kat - the way I read that last paragraph on your profile, it implies to me that you think that you have to do dubious things to succeed in business. I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "withholding ethics", but I can't think of what else you might mean by it. If that *is* what you mean, you definitely shouldn't be boasting that you're happy to do dodgy things in your profile. If it *isn't* what you mean, you might wanna rephrase that.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 19

Hi Vanessa,

Please check the information I shared in my reply to your question on Friday. Note that you shouldn't share your personal information (copy of your ID, SSN, payment details etc.) with the client, need to be hired on Upwork and all payments have to be processed through the platform. If you are requested to do the opposite, please report the client to Customer Support.

Untitled
annco
Analyn C Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
7 of 19

One of the many ways to verify legitimacy of the client is to check how the e-mail addresses are formatted in their website vis-a-vis the email address the client uses.  There was a client last week asking me to sign a contract (outside UW) and too much personal information, which I found odd.  That prompted me to research on the company and discovered its a hoax.  By just comparing the e-mail addresses, you can easily tell the difference.  

Regards,

Ann

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
8 of 19

@Analyn C wrote:

One of the many ways to verify legitimacy of the client is to check how the e-mail addresses are formatted in their website vis-a-vis the email address the client uses.  There was a client last week asking me to sign a contract (outside UW) and too much personal information, which I found odd.  That prompted me to research on the company and discovered its a hoax.  By just comparing the e-mail addresses, you can easily tell the difference.  

Regards,

Ann

I will sign an NDA form, but I'll never give out personal information such as Social Security numbers, credit card or PayPal account information, Banking information, passport information, even my address or auto tag. There's no need for that. Clients come on this site to get their work done, not to find out everything under the sun that shouldn't be found out.

As I NEVER research companies, or research to find out if the client works for a certain company. It's so east to look up a companies website, and tell you the name of a company and even to cite a name of one of the employees. that actually work there.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 19

Hi Ann,

I moved your comment to this thread, please check my reply to the OP and the information other users provided.

Untitled
vanessasanchez38
Vanessa S Member Since: Nov 4, 2016
10 of 19
Kat what does that have to do with my question