🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Wanting constructive criticism (solved)
Page options
on_time_
Community Member

Wanting constructive criticism (solved)

Updated: solved
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Nearly everything you have written smells like fear.  I don't like any of it.

If you want to do this and you want to succeed you have to be bold, trust me you don't have to be brave to be bold you just have to be audacious.

I think you should write something different and in the first two lines sell me something you do.  Don't assume that I am a client with any idea what I want instead assume you are what I want and I just don't know it yet.  You are trying to convince me of the mistake it is to overlook your profile.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
florydev
Community Member

Nearly everything you have written smells like fear.  I don't like any of it.

If you want to do this and you want to succeed you have to be bold, trust me you don't have to be brave to be bold you just have to be audacious.

I think you should write something different and in the first two lines sell me something you do.  Don't assume that I am a client with any idea what I want instead assume you are what I want and I just don't know it yet.  You are trying to convince me of the mistake it is to overlook your profile.

That's lovely advice. I suppose that is what I was attempting to do. Now that you say what you said I see it is not coming out in confidence. I'll have to give this some thought.

Heather S wrote:
That's lovely advice. I suppose that is what I was attempting to do. Now that you say what you said I see it is not coming out in confidence. I'll have to give this some thought.

I am glad it didn't come in as harsh.  

I think the whole thing really is a big experiment and it can take a while to find things that work.

True, i actually have done a lot of research about upwork. Gotten mixed results, but you brought me back to my sales mind set. I hope my edit brings what I need.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jane, 

I'm glad that you were able to get sound advice from Mark. Since you are new here, I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

I hope this helps. Welcome to Upwork, and the Upwork Community!

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark, 

This is really great advice, and I was also able to appreciate it (I wasn't even the one asking for help!). I just wanted to let you know.Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
florydev
Community Member

Thanks Avery!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths