🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Weekly Timelog Change Before Noon Tomorrow
Page options
laurenortiz
Community Member

Weekly Timelog Change Before Noon Tomorrow

Hi! I am new to Upwork and am not sure what the email I received means. Basically, the email states the following...

"Hi Lauren,
The weekly billing cycle has ended, and your weekly timelog is available for review. Any changes to the hours billed must be made before Monday, November 4 at noon UTC to be included in the invoice to your client."

Now, when I check my timelog for the current project I am working on, it says that I only worked a total of 8 hours. However, I worked 2 more hours today; but they are showing as hours for this week and not combining with last weeks. My question is, will those 2 hours be included in the invoice that is sent to the client? If not, is there a way for me to combine them both or add them manually to last weeks timelog? Please let me know soon, as the email states that I have until tomorrow at 7:00AM est.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
plonglamoureux
Community Member

Hey Lauren, 

So one thing to keep in mind is that everything is in UTC when it comes to Upwork.  Regarding your specific case, it sounds like the 2 hours you worked today where after the 12 am UTC cutoff.  In order to get those 2 hours this week and if your client allows for this, you can add manual time for 2 hours on yesterday, if that makes sense.  Then do not forget to delete the 2 hours on the new week's schedule... again if that makes sense.  I just got in the habit of having my work week go from Sun-Sat instead of Mon-Sun.  I hope this helps!

Hi Preston,

Could you possibly explain to me how I would go about adding manual time? Would I need to go and ask the client if I can add it first? If they say yes, and I can go ahead and add it, how would I do that?

Thank you!

Hi Lauren, 

To add manual time to your Work Diary, you may refer to this help article for more information. If the option is not available on your Work Diary, your client will need to activate manual time on your contract so that you can log manual time during the work week, or when you review your weekly timelog. Please take note that manual time is not protected by the Upwork Hourly Protection, and I highly recommend that you refrain from logging manual time unless necessary. 

You may also want to read this help article to learn more about how your earings are processed on Upwork. Since you are new here, it would greatly help if you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths