🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Weekly fixed price
Page options
mariomauyer
Community Member

Weekly fixed price

When will I get paid? My contract is 10 hrs per week. Am I required to input time? Or is it automatically track? My 1 week to my client is done. But I saw in my payment schedule it's every wednesday. I need clarification. Please help me.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Myer,

Since the weekly billing period is closed as well as the freelancer review period, your client can issue you a bonus to pay for the time you didn't log using the time tracker.  Please take the time to review the information shared in this article Work With Clients on Upwork which provides information on all the steps to start working with clients. You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork. Hope that helps!

~Nina

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Myer, if you go to the Help and Support section of the site and click on Freelancer tab, you should easily find a section called Get Paid which contains everything you need to know. I strongly encourage you to get informed about how contracts and payments work on the platform, otherwise you are setting yourself up to lose time and money, sooner or later. You cannot rely on everyone operating here to (1) be honest, or (2) understand themselves how the platform works.

I didn't know I need to use the time tracker. Is there any way to get paid my last week work?

Hi Myer,

Since the weekly billing period is closed as well as the freelancer review period, your client can issue you a bonus to pay for the time you didn't log using the time tracker.  Please take the time to review the information shared in this article Work With Clients on Upwork which provides information on all the steps to start working with clients. You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork. Hope that helps!

~Nina

thanks 🙂

Hi Myer,

How did you go about the weekly payment contract? I just had a weekly payment contract from a client.  He said I don't need to use the Upwork Desktop tracker.  It's automatic.  I am not sure thought.  I also researched about this "Weekly Payment"  This is the only topic that appeared.  

Hi Kenneth, 

Set weekly payments on hourly contracts are invoiced automatically to your clients. These payments also go through the 5-day security period, and will become available after the security period is over. 

You may read more about it in the "Automated vs. Client-Initiated Invoicing" section of the Weekly Billing Cycle help article.

~ Avery
Upwork
jojomo
Community Member

Myer,

As Phyllis suggested, you need to read up on the subject. There's plenty of information relating to your question.

In a nutshell, if you have been hired on a hourly contract, payment schedule is the same for everyone who gets paid hourly - the cycle starts on Monday and finishes on Sunday.. then there's a "waiting period" that lasts awhile before they release the funds to your account. In order to get paid you will need to track/record your time using the Upwork time tracker.... the tracker takes screenshots randomly while you track, you can verify those screenshots in your "work diary" for that specific contract.

NO TIME TRACKED = NO GUARANTEED PAYMENT

Then there's manual time... but that's a whole different ball of wax

I gave you a very very quick explanation but you need to read up and get informed or you will end up wasting time and money.

Some people learn by reading the instructions. Others learn by immediately trying out the tools.

If a freelancer chooses to learn by doing instead of learn by reading the instructions, then it is is normal to not get paid for some work when first getting started.

There is no dishonor in making an honest mistake.

The key thing is to learn from your mistakes and not repeat those same mistakes in the future.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths