cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I have to do when client is invisible after first milestone?

Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
1 of 10

My 2nd client has putted 2 Milestone. I have completed the 1st Milestone & submitted the work. My client appeared after 4 days & said that he will deliver the content for 2nd Milestone. He was said but have not communicat yet. In that situation what I have to do now? 

-Thanks

Ace Contributor
Brandy H Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
2 of 10
What is the due date for the job?
Community Guru
3 of 10

for Milestone 1
(due Dec 3, 2016)

Thanks

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Shihab-Ul,

Please note that the funds for the first Milestone you delivered are not yet released to you. You'll need to wait until your client approves your request or 14 days after the Milestone submission date in order to receive the payment.

In case your client follows up with more work, please make sure the funds for the first Milestone are released and the second Milestone is funded before you start working on it.

Community Guru
5 of 10

Thanks for your reply. I want to know just one more thing that is- if the client will not come within 14 days, then the job will be shown/added to my Upwork-Portfolio, or not?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Shihab-UI,

If at least $1 was paid on the contract, it will appear in you Work History. In order for you to add the work you completed and was paid for to your portfolio, you will need to ask client's permission.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
7 of 10

I was asking that.

-Thank you

Community Leader
Rekha S Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
8 of 10

Shihab, 

You have to get the funds released into your account before the job shows up in your profile as Jobs-in-progress.

Go to the milestones page and click on request payment button for the first milestone. The money will be released to you after 14 days, even if the client doesn't come back with more work. The client can also approve your request anytime during these 14 days or ask you for revisions to the work submitted. 

Don't start fresh work unless the old milestone is released and a new one funded, as Vladimir stated. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 10

re: "What I have to do when client is invisible after first milestone?"

In a very real sense, this question is wrong.

A client is not obligated to be "visible" online on the Upwork forum. A client who contracts with a freelancer to do a fixed-price contract is not obligated to communicate with the freelancer at all.

The freelancer should only accept a fixed-price contract if they're able to finish it and submit it without further guidance from the client.

A client should only create a new milestone for the freelancer if the client provides all information necessary to complete the milestone.

If a client who funded a milestone totally disappears from the platform, then the freelancer can submit the milestone and get paid automatically, even if the client never logs in again.

Community Guru
10 of 10

With due respect I want to ask you that- where you have found that I have told/meant that clients are  obligated for communicating with freelancer?

I have faced a problem & as a new comer I think that I also have a right to find a sloution for it on this platform.

But one information I have found from your speech that is- "The freelancer should only accept a fixed-price contract if they're able to finish it and submit it without further guidance from the client."

-Thank you so much

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS