🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What am I doing wrong? Please help.
Page options
koloraddikt
Community Member

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Hi there, I am pretty new to upwork.  I have purchased connects three times equalling $36 investment in the past 2 weeks. I have submitted hundreds of proposals and have only been able to close 2 small jobs. Is this to be expected? I've attended webinars and watched Youtube videos on writing and pricing bids-- still no results. I just really want to get going on the platform. 

I have my profile completely filled out. (Watched videos on that as well) I completed the identity verification. I have literally tried everything and days continue to go by.

Here's a link to my profile, https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0192a6c57ed223e713/ 

Any advice is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
robin_hyman
Community Member

Remove the link to your website.  It violates Upwork's policy.  I don't see any other glaring issues.  It takes a while to get going on the platform.  You just have to be optimistic and keep applying.  

a_lipsey
Community Member

No offense, but your profile is boring. I could write that same profile for 1000 other freelancers. So that's what you're dealing with. You don't stand out. 

What is unique to you? What are your unique accomplishments and achievements? What is unique to your work style? What can you uniquely offer the client? Make your profile so distinct it can only be about you

Make sure your proposal follow a similar suit. 

Hope that helps. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths