🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What am I doing wrong?
Page options
phranex
Community Member

What am I doing wrong?

Hi guys, 

Please take a look at my profile. I am an expert and recently joined Upwork due to COVID-19. So, my account is new. But for unknown reasons, no one is checking my proposal. I haven't had an invite, discussions e.t.c 

I even went so cheap but to no avail.

What am I not doing well?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's great if its 100%. You should try to grab fixed project insted of hourly. Go for small time consuming and fast ending project intially that can give you 5* rating. After that you will be in rising talent category and you will be above other new freelancers and in rising talent you will have more chances to get job insted of other freelances.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gulati_nipun
Community Member

Hey,

I checked your profile and have few points that I can share with you. 

- Your Profile looks pretty good. I am not sure if its 100% completed (as I can't check that on my side) If not please complete that. If you had worked with clients outside go fill this up - Request a client testimonial( If you have client outside upwork earlier)

- Its not about the price everytime. If you have quality of work you can charge but intially its good to get put a feasible rate. 

- Sometimes its really disheartend that you don't get job after so much biding but I suggest you to go for Fixed Job first not the hourly jobs. Please apply like this if you want to grow:

1. Complete Fixed Jobs first and get some good 5* reviews on your profile. 

2. Move to Rising talent form the new to upwork postion.

2 Read the Job Post and Try to Give a Quick Response in the first Lines of your Cover letter and after that explain a bit about your experience and skills. But post response about the job in the first lines.

3. Try to attach some of your best work in the attachments. As this gives clients a Trust and client can see the quality of work you do.

Don't try to bid on every single job it will be a waste of connects. Try to target 100% skill relavant job of yours. 

#Be aware about some clients History of work, Members since, Paymemt Verification and hired rate. HERE YOU CAN SAVE YOUR CONNECTS by just posting on Right Job and with Right Client.

Thanks, I will try these going further. My profile is at 100%

That's great if its 100%. You should try to grab fixed project insted of hourly. Go for small time consuming and fast ending project intially that can give you 5* rating. After that you will be in rising talent category and you will be above other new freelancers and in rising talent you will have more chances to get job insted of other freelances.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths