🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What am I doing wrong?
Page options
eghosae
Community Member

What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

I am new to Upwork, Since I registered, I have not gotten a single response, despite submitting so many tailored proposals. I know I am experienced (you can see from my profile), I have over 8+ years of customer support experience, Due to Covid-19. my contract and others were terminated. I decided to register for Upwork. But the journey has been depressing.

I am losing it, I am exhausted, I have studied all the articles about writing a proposal, My profile is 100% complete. 

It appears I am still doing something wrong. Please I need suggestions or lead to help me land my first GIG.  I am available 40hrs/week or more. 

I have applied to the lowest job (data entry). but no luck to date. it is depressing.

I went ahead to subscribe to the freelancer plus plan. I am feeling down.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Bright Eghosa E wrote:

I have applied to the lowest job (data entry). but no luck to date. it is depressing.

Freelancer plus is no more likely to help you get hired than the basic plan, so you're probably going to be disappointed with that. I think that your profile overview is really good, so why are you applying to low-paying data entry work? Easy jobs that anyone can do are actually the most difficult ones to get here, and there simply aren't enough of those types of jobs for everyone who wants one. You have a master's degree in IT - aren't there better services that you could offer? 

And are you trying other methods to find work, in addition to Upwork? There are other websites and many other ways to market your services. If one thing isn't working, then try something else.  

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bright Eghosa E wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Upwork, Since I registered, I have not gotten a single response, despite submitting so many tailored proposals. I know I am experienced (you can see from my profile), I have over 8+ years of customer support experience, Due to Covid-19. my contract and others were terminated. I decided to register for Upwork. But the journey has been depressing.

I am losing it, I am exhausted, I have studied all the articles about writing a proposal, My profile is 100% complete. 

It appears I am still doing something wrong. Please I need suggestions or lead to help me land my first GIG.  I am available 40hrs/week or more. 

I went ahead to subscribe to the freelancer plus plan. I am feeling down.

Regards.

Lots of people have joined upwork during the pandemic, probably millions. Competition is fiercer than ever. Delete the data entry from your profile, and try to market yourself at a higher level. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths