🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What do I do if I offer multiple services?
Page options
noemiescc
Community Member

What do I do if I offer multiple services?

Hello everyone! I'm new to Upwork and am excited to have found this site. I am working on the Upwork application and I'm not sure what to put for "what are the main services I offer clients?" as I offer services in Admin Support, Translation and Customer Service. If I choose one category can I still get a job in the others? If so, how? If I choose just one category what should I base my decision on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Noemie,

Yes. You may still look for a job in different categories but keep in mind that these categories that you will include in your profile are used by clients in searching the right freelancers for their jobs. For example, if the client posted a job looking for a customer service representative, the client can easily search "customer service" in their search field and then all the freelancers with that category will show up.

Untitled

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Noemie,

Yes. You may still look for a job in different categories but keep in mind that these categories that you will include in your profile are used by clients in searching the right freelancers for their jobs. For example, if the client posted a job looking for a customer service representative, the client can easily search "customer service" in their search field and then all the freelancers with that category will show up.

Untitled
fidell
Community Member

Thanks for the clarification.

I wanted asking the same question.

Hi. I'd be interested to know if there's any disadvantage in choosing multiple categories. (I only do one kind of work here, but it doesn't fall neatly into any one category.) It sounds like choosing multiple categories should make me turn up in more searches. But maybe the search algorithm balances this by penalising me for having multiple categories. Can anyone say?

good critical thinking there

great work Ryan

check my site **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths