🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: What does "proposals" mean in a job posti...
Page options
sfogel2
Community Member

What does "proposals" mean in a job posting? Number that they'll consider?

Hi, all...What does the Proposals data item mean in a job posting/job request? Does it mean the number of proposals that the client will consider? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
joanbonjoc
Community Member

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi, I was asking what 5-10 proposals means in a job posting. Does it mean that they’ll consider up to 10 proposals? Thx
kat303
Community Member

@Steve F wrote:
Hi, I was asking what 5-10 proposals means in a job posting. Does it mean that they’ll consider up to 10 proposals? Thx

It means, that as of the time you are looking at the job description, between 5 to 10 freelancers have already submitted proposals for that job. The longer the job stays unfullfilled, more and more freelancers will be submitting proposals and that 5 - 10 proposals statement will change.

sfogel2
Community Member

Got it, thanks. Any thoughts as to when it no longer makes sense to submit  your proposal?

rverang
Community Member

@Steve F wrote:

Got it, thanks. Any thoughts as to when it no longer makes sense to submit  your proposal?

When I see 50+ proposals.

I still submit a bid when I see a project that I'd really, really want to work on though.

There are sometimes job post which offer a very (too?) high rate. They get a lot of proposals but you might have a good chance to get the job if you offer a serious rate and explain it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths