🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What does that mean?
Page options
needyamingmail
Community Member

What does that mean?

What does that "Hires" mean inside job post?
Is client already hired a freelancer and forgot to close job post?

I've applied this type job post. I did not have any idea. In my last project, I've see when I complete a project, client did not close that job post. This job is still open and shows that "hires:1"

Is that mean, this client already hired a freelancer? I know if it shows "hired:1" that mean client already give this contract to a freelancer. But if shows "hires:1" then what is that mean?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Md Y:

The same job post can be used to hire multiple people.

I have hired many freelancers using the same job post.

Even if I stated in the job post description that I intended to hire only 1.

There is no restriction on how many "hires" a client can have through a single job post.

Seeing this doesn't mean that the client forgot to close the job. Sometimes that's what it means. Sometimes it means the client is still actively hiring additional freelancers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Md Y wrote:

This job is still open and shows that "hires:1"

Is that mean, this client already hired a freelancer? I know if it shows "hired:1" that mean client already give this contract to a freelancer. But if shows "hires:1" then what is that mean?

It means the client has hired one person for the job. What else could it possibly mean?

This you mean?

hires 1.jpg

prestonhunter
Community Member

Md Y:

The same job post can be used to hire multiple people.

I have hired many freelancers using the same job post.

Even if I stated in the job post description that I intended to hire only 1.

There is no restriction on how many "hires" a client can have through a single job post.

Seeing this doesn't mean that the client forgot to close the job. Sometimes that's what it means. Sometimes it means the client is still actively hiring additional freelancers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths