🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: What happen after you submit a proposal?
Page options
evelyn-c
Community Member

What happen after you submit a proposal?

Hi Upwork community,

I submitted 2 - 3 proposals recently. Upon submission, Upwork website shows it was successfully submitted, but I did not get any notifications whether the client has received my proposal. I'm curious what everyone's experience has been. What is the typical response rate? I know this is not like a FTE job application, but I expect at least a system generated notification. Not to mention right after I submitted my first proposal, I got an email from Upwork that they are changing my status because I have not been working through Upwork lately.

Any direction would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Evelyn C wrote:

Hi Upwork community,

I submitted 2 - 3 proposals recently. Upon submission, Upwork website shows it was successfully submitted, but I did not get any notifications whether the client has received my proposal. I'm curious what everyone's experience has been. What is the typical response rate? I know this is not like a FTE job application, but I expect at least a system generated notification. Not to mention right after I submitted my first proposal, I got an email from Upwork that they are changing my status because I have not been working through Upwork lately.

Any direction would be appreciated.

There is no typical response rate, everybody's experience is different. After sending a proposal, the best thing you can do is forget about it until contacted by the client. 

Thanks Martina. Is there a way to check the status where the proposal sits in client's queue? Or follow up?

Evelyn C wrote:

Is there a way to check the status where the proposal sits in client's queue? Or follow up?

There isn't.

I recommend taking a fire and forget approach when it comes to applications. Otherwise, you may end up getting hung up on details that make no difference either way, other than taking up your time. 

I've had response times range from 2 minutes to 6 weeks. 

Evelyn C wrote:

Thanks Martina. Is there a way to check the status where the proposal sits in client's queue? Or follow up?

No. It would just drive you crazy. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths