834a7b5e

What happens to my escrow payment after I withdraw an offer

I recently made an offer to a freelancer, and as normal deposited the amount of into the escrow account. For a number of reasons, I then had to withdraw the offer (it had not been accepted). What happens to my payment? It is showing on my credit card as being charged.

I now want to offer another freelancer the amount but I am concerned that I have now paid Upwork twice the amount of the project. Shouldn't the amount I already put into escrow remain there when I offer the same job to another contractor?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter

Elizabeth:

As a client, I have had the same thing happen to me.

I have funded escrow for projects and sent hire offers to freelancers, but for one reason or another they did not accept the contract.

When I withdrew the offer, the money was automatically refunded to my credit card. It took about 5 days.

I didn't need to do anything else. This is very automatic. Upwork doesn't keep escrow money from contract offers that are withdrawn. It can't really transfer that money directly to another offer. But that's fine. It all works out.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter

Elizabeth:

As a client, I have had the same thing happen to me.

I have funded escrow for projects and sent hire offers to freelancers, but for one reason or another they did not accept the contract.

When I withdrew the offer, the money was automatically refunded to my credit card. It took about 5 days.

I didn't need to do anything else. This is very automatic. Upwork doesn't keep escrow money from contract offers that are withdrawn. It can't really transfer that money directly to another offer. But that's fine. It all works out.