🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: What happens when I accept an invitation ...
Page options
fosstin
Community Member

What happens when I accept an invitation to interview?

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Austin K wrote:

The client can contact you now in the messages section and discuss the project, and if you both agree, send you an offer which you can accept. It is also possible that you never hear from the client again. 

Do I have to accept the invitation to see the job details, because there are currently no details available about the job in the description.

Austin K wrote:
Do I have to accept the invitation to see the job details, because there are currently no details available about the job in the description.

No. Accepting the invitation makes no more information available as what you already see in the job posting. Generally it is a good idea to either accept or decline (respond) to an invitation on the same day, as it is used for a responsiveness metric in your profile.  

No details in a job posting does not sound great. Beware of scammers. 

kat303
Community Member

Austin - During the interview phase, you should discuss and finalize the terms of the contract. (the price and timeline.) All information and requirements should be understood between both freelancer and client. Any questions should be answered and finally, all files and material should be shown to you so you know what you'll be working with. 

During this phase remember, you are NOT hired. 

Only when everything is agreeable to the client will the client OFFER you a contract which after all the discussions and view of the material, you can accept that offer and start work (only after Escrow is fully funded if the job is fixed rate) or decline. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths