Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a Connect?

Highlighted
Margo S Member Since: Feb 26, 2017
1 of 15

Dear Community,

I am a new freelancer and although I have read a lot about Connects, it is yet unclear for me what they are and how they should be used. 

Hope you can advise me. 

Thank you. 

Ace Contributor
Sheila Mae M Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 15

Connect is use for submitting proposal.

Use it wisely otherwise it will gone just a minute Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
Philip D Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
3 of 15

Too true! Mine are nearly gone and I am yet to find a job. Smiley Sad I'm sure I will eventually, but I either need to buy more or wait till next month.

Margo S Member Since: Feb 26, 2017
4 of 15

Did I understand right that connect is like a credit I have to apply and send proposals? 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 15

Margo, that is correct and you use 2 for each proposal you send. You get 60 a month so you can apply to at most 30 jobs a month, unless you pay $10 for plus membership. With plus membership, you get 70 a month and connects you don't use one month roll over to the next month. Without plus membership, you lose connects you don't use by the end of the month.

6 of 15

Margo,

Before you start applying for jobs, you should read this all the links and advice given in this thread, which you will find at the top of the "New to Upwork" page in the greyed-out area.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Todd H Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
7 of 15

I want to apply for a job, I have a membership and yet my page is showing no Connects. Why won't it show Connects? I should have at least 60 Connects per month, right?

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
8 of 15

Hi Todd,

Upon checking you still have 50 connects left. Please check your connects by clicking on Reports tab> Connects History. Hope this helps.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
carmi r Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
9 of 15

i need to pay for adding up connects?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 15

Hi Carmi,

If you'd like to get more Connects, you can subscribe to Plus membership and be able to purchase Connects in addition to the monthly allotment. Find more information in this Help article.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS