Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a pay for a similar job?

Highlighted
Alla A Member Since: May 7, 2017
1 of 5

Hello,

I'd like to know how much should I ask to be paid for work in my proposal? I see many jobs that I feel like I am qualified for, but I absolutely have no frame of reference yet, what is customary range of payment for a similar job?

Thanks, Alla

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

My suggestion is to search freelancer profiles who have the same experience and skills as you.  See what they're charging and go from there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

Create a client company within your Upwork login account.

Post a job similar to the type of job you would like to do. Make it an hourly rate project.

Hire ten freelancers at various rates. After they submit their work to you, carefully consider the quality of each one relative to the amount of money they charged.

Now you have a good sampling of the variety inherent in the quality of work you can obtain from Upwork freelancers. You can relate that quality to the rates charged. You can use this information to set your own rates.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
4 of 5

The "right bid" is the one that gets you the job without regretting later that "I shoulda asked for more".

And sometimes, something is better than nothing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Alla:

I can tell you how I set my rate.

I basically just raise it slowly but regularly based on demand among clients for my services.

As I continue to have more clients wanting to hire me than I have time to work for, I raise my rates.

This method of determining rates is appropriate for an experienced freelancer whose Upwork job history generarates significant interest among clients. This may not be appropriate for newbie freelancers or for freelancers whose particular job skills are not in high demand.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS