Page options
bd031c26
Community Member

What is number of revisions

I want to ask what is the number of revisions 

6 REPLIES 6
aditipie
Community Member

Paurav, a bit more context would have helped to formulate a response. I will try to explain in a generic sense. Many projects include iterative tasks e.g., write a draft of an article, send it to client, they provide edits, freelancer revises. Some freelancers include 1-2 revisions in their bid. Some charge additional amounts for each revision. Some may not be open to revisions at all. Clear communication about revisions usually helps. Revisions may not be necessary for certain contracts (e.g. tutoring - it is per session).  

Hope this helps. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I want to ask what is the number of revisions "

That's up to you.

But you NEED TO DECIDE beforehand, or you are likely to face trouble.

Personally:
I offer zero revisions.

I know what the task is, and the task is done when I say it is done.

But... the work I do is technical. For some freelancers, such as creative writers, offering zero revisions may not be how they want to work.

Ok but what are revisions

I think I am not sure but lets say for certain small packages where client can or cannot be satisfied with your work can ask for revision as per his satisfaction level 1 or 2 (you can add additional charges a little, so client should also be aware that he/she should not be asking unnecessary just because he/she got that option). 

Thank you for this explaination

42940d9e
Community Member

I think any tasks where there is a review required its a good option to give a client a chance to have some revision, but if the task is to let say managing the call support or responding to emails and chats on hourly basis then I think it should not required the revision technical tasks related to development and writing might need some revisions. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths