cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the average pricing

Highlighted
Radosveta B Member Since: Dec 22, 2016
1 of 22

What is the average pricing for English-Bulgarian translatiob?

For Bulgarian-English.?

Spanish-English? -not native.

In case of native Bulgarian,English-perfect and Spanish-initial,or mwdium level?

Price for hour,word,page?

How can attach my test results to my profile?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 22

re: "What is the average pricing?"

Why do you want to know?

Are you thinking about improving your skills over the next few years and eventually rising the level of average in your translation skills?

Highlighted
3 of 22

Because I try to be a freelancer in upwor for some time and I do not know what prices I should offer to clints.

I made a skill test.How can attach it to the system of upwork in my profile?

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 22

re: "I made a skill test.How can attach it to the system of upwork in my profile?"

When you take a Upwork skill test, it is automatically attached to your Upwork profile. You do not need to do anything else.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 22

re: "Because I try to be a freelancer in upwor for some time and I do not know what prices I should offer to clints."

Respectfully, you do not yet have a sufficient understanding of what it means to be a translator on Upwork.

You need to learn more about this topic before you can successfully begin to offer professional services here. You also need to create an impressive portfolio. You currently have no portfolio at all.

If you are interested in earning money your time would be better spent not logging into the Upwork website at all.

Highlighted
6 of 22

As I do not know what it means,explain it to me!

A client told me my offered price does not correspond to the average .I even do not know what I should write to sound appropriate.

I know each client has his own offered price at the same time!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 22

@Radosveta B wrote:

As I do not know what it means,explain it to me!

Radosveta, what Preston is trying to say is that your profile is not fit to offer anything at any price. Your profile picture is a terms of service violation, your overview is poor and littered with mistakes, your only test result is below average on a super basic test, there is no portfolio.....

You should most certainly not offer translations into English, your English is in no way up to that.

That said - translation is a field where the offered rates differ dramatically.

There are clients willing to spend less than a Cent a word, there are translation jobs with rates in the mid to high 20 Cent range, and lower as well as higher has been seen.

Your hourly rate is meant as a little joke I assume? It's really funny!

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 22

re: "A client told me my offered price does not correspond to the average"

Your posted hourly rate is $120 per hour.

This is what you are asking to do the following skills, which are posted at the top of your profile page:

Translation English to Bulgarian

Translation Bulgarian to English

Translation Spanish to English

Yet your manifest English language ability, both on your profile page and in your Forum posts, does not resemble any known form of professionally translated English or professionally written English.

The client who said that your offered prices do not correspond to the average was correct.

You will find success when you understand that working as a translator on Upwork is not your true calling. It is not the path that will bring you joy or financial success.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 22

@Radosveta B wrote:

What is the average pricing for English-Bulgarian translatiob?

For Bulgarian-English.?

Spanish-English? -not native.

In case of native Bulgarian,English-perfect and Spanish-initial,or mwdium level?

Price for hour,word,page?

How can attach my test results to my profile?

Knowing average rates for Bulgarian->English and Spanish->English is totally useless since you cannot work into those language pairs. Because you're not a native speaker of English.

I don't know about your Spanish although, but you definitely cannot translate into English.

You are not a translator, you are just a native speaker of Bulgarian who can read some English. This isn't enough for being a translator. And by the way, translators know the industry rates (or at least where to find them).

And you are far, far away from being any successful in freelancing business since you are absolutely not serious about it. You didn’t even bother to write a decent and clean profile. You didn't bother to spend the amount of time required to read the help section on Upwork in order to fully understand the ropes of this platform. Would you have done this, you wouldn't have asked the questions that you asked in this thread.

If you want to establish yourself as a translator, I suggest that you work hard, improving your English and that you take some translation classes where you will learn precious techniques. Alternatively, there is a lot of excellent literature about translation if you want to self-educate yourself.

You will find plenty of resources about this on **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 22

Rene paints a picture of a dark, dystopian present in which people can not earn professional rates as practitioners of a skill or craft unless they first acquire the ability to perform that skill or craft. Maybe in the future we can swallow a pill that will make us an instant expert in any area of expertise that we choose. And the pill will be free. And we can download it from the Internet, so we don't need to leave our homes. And we don't need to actually swallow, because that takes effort.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS