cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the average pricing

Highlighted
Radosveta B Member Since: Dec 22, 2016
11 of 22

I have a Cambridge Advanced of English certificate.

I do not claim I am perfect but I can translate texts on a non-professional level.

II suppose my mistakes are based on being in a hurry.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
12 of 22

@Radosveta B wrote:

I do not claim I am perfect but I can translate texts on a non-professional level.

And so can Google Translate. And it's free.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 22

@Radosveta B wrote:

I can translate texts on a non-professional level.

Charging a client for a service is a professional act. If you can only translate on a non-professional level, you can volunteer for non-profit organizations. You cannot establish yourself on a professional platform and sell your services to clients without a professional expertise.

Well, in practice you can. On Upwork anybody can create a profile and start sending out proposals, so you can work on Upwork and charge clients. If a native speaker of English hires you for a translation into English, or if a client with quality control procedures hires you for Bulgarian translations and they find out that you're not delivering a professional grade work, they may leave a bad feedback on your profile (the English-speaking client will, for sure).

Once you burn your JSS and your work history by doing this, you will be left with plenty of free time to reconsider your approach since nobody will hire you anymore.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 22

@Radosveta B wrote:

I do not claim I am perfect

english perfect.jpg

Radosveta B wrote: I can translate texts on a non-professional level.

Urm.... when you expect to be paid for something it had better be "on a professional level"

Work on your profile. Take skills tests. Add a portfolio. Forget about translating into English. Real translators do not translate into a language they have not mastered to native or bilingual level. You are, unfortunately, far from that.

Highlighted
15 of 22

I even cannot reach my profile to see it.Do you know how can i find it?I have been trying for some days

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 22

@Radosveta B wrote:

I even cannot reach my profile to see it.Do you know how can i find it?I have been trying for some days

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019b33de36f4f50157

You absolutely must change your profile pic to one of yourself.

Then look at the profiles of successful translators to get some inspiration on how they present their skills, Start from scratch.

Highlighted
17 of 22

I see it but i cannot efit it😕Can you help me?

Highlighted
18 of 22

Edit it-grammar mistake

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 22

@Radosveta B wrote:

I see it but i cannot efit it😕Can you help me?

Sure!

edit profile 1.jpg

click on your profile pic from there and upload a real photo of yourself

then hover your mouse over the bits you want to edit. A pencil icon appears, click on it to edit

hover mouse.jpg

Highlighted
20 of 22

Absolutely nothing happened

I cannot do it.