🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What is the next step after getting first ord...
Page options
azazmuzaffar
Community Member

What is the next step after getting first order ?

Hi there!

Looking for an honest opinion.

Before starting I just wanna mentioned that I got my first order on upwork just after creating my profile on upwork and the project is still in progress and the Client is happy with my work. I am applying for the new jobs but no responce from anyone.

So, The question is I have no review yet on my profile because the project is not completed yet and also cannot get the middle project feedback because 1 month is not completed yet.

So, Me should wait for the review and then try to apply for the puposals and stop submitting purposal now or not. And one more thing, First review will be helpfull for my profile to get new jobs or not because it is only one yet.

Many Thanks,

Azaz

3 REPLIES 3
ramilaquinojr
Community Member

Hi Aziz.

If it were me, I will continue submitting proposals and not wait for the current project to finish.

I think getting my first project was the biggest milestone in my Upwork 'career'. It was hard to get projects but after the first one, it was a lot easier to get the next ones. I guess this is because with my first project, my profile already had 'stats' such a worked hours and total earnings.

Also, do everything you can to get the best client feedback at the end of your current project! That feedback will go a long way. More than the number of stars, the optional feedback that the client could leave will be very valuable.

Good luck!

I don't think this is correct, Ramil. I've completed two projects and I have zero stats or feedback. It's frustrating. And from what I've searched in the help center it sounds like feedback from 6-7 different clients (not jobs) is necessary in order for feedback to publicly appear. 

Heather L wrote:

I don't think this is correct, Ramil. I've completed two projects and I have zero stats or feedback. It's frustrating. And from what I've searched in the help center it sounds like feedback from 6-7 different clients (not jobs) is necessary in order for feedback to publicly appear. 

No, you are mixing this up with JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths