🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What is the process after accepting the Invit...
Page options
manpreetprojects
Community Member

What is the process after accepting the Invite ?

Hello,

I worked for a client on a manual hourly job and completed the job. Now the same client sent me an invite for another similar job. I accepted the invite and he sent me the files in message box for working. My question is that the job is not displaying in my jobs. what could be the reason and what should i do ? Please help i am new on upwork.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Manpreet K wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Actually client ended the first contract. Then sent me new invite; i accepted that invite. Client sent me work though message box. I can see the new job in Active Proposals but not in Active contracts in my jobs.

Ask the client to HIRE you.

Also be VERY careful with "manual hourly" contracts. If you do not track your time you have no protection, whatsoever, at all. If the client decides not to pay you, you won't get paid.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
emiguelina
Community Member

@Manpreet K wrote:

Hello,

I worked for a client on a manual hourly job and completed the job. Now the same client sent me an invite for another similar job. I accepted the invite and he sent me the files in message box for working. My question is that the job is not displaying in my jobs. what could be the reason and what should i do ? Please help i am new on upwork.

Thanks

As you mentioned, this is only an invite, not an Offer (there's a huge difference), so far, you are being interviewed for another job with the same client.  If that job is not closed, then you already have an hourly job with that client (remember manual hours are not protected), use that job that is already in place, if fixed tell the client to fund the next milestone.

If after all, they prefer a new job, my recommendation is to tell the client to end the previous one, and then he can send you an Offer, this is important, until you accept an offer you don't have a job, this may apply for all cases, you have not been properly hired.

This kind of happended to me, but the client sent an actual offer, so I told him "we already have a contract in place so I'll use that, send me the instructions into that contract's chat for me to start", then I reject the second offer.

Thanks for your reply, Actually client ended the first contract. Then sent me new invite; i accepted that invite. Client sent me work though message box. I can see the new job in Active Proposals but not in Active contracts in my jobs.

@Manpreet K wrote:

Ask the client to HIRE you.

Also be VERY careful with "manual hourly" contracts. If you do not track your time you have no protection, whatsoever, at all. If the client decides not to pay you, you won't get paid.

@Manpreet K wrote:

Tell the client in a friendly manner that you have reviewed the files he sent to you and are awaiting his job offer. 

Thanks all for your reply and helping. I asked the client to send me an offer and hire me for the job and sent me the offer.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths