🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What job can I get If I don't have a Computer
Page options
raileymorales
Community Member

What job can I get If I don't have a Computer

I'm a student and I don't know what job to get since I'm only using phone and i don't have a computer.
Is there any job here that doesn't need a computer? A job that I can do using only smartphone

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jhe Ian Railey:

That is actually an interesting question, because it is not a question I have seen asked before here in the Forum.

Let me start by pointing out that there are a lot of Upwork freelancers who work on jobs exclusively using a smart phone. But you should keep in mind that Upwork is a "business" and "platform." It does not consider itself "an app." In fact, although it has an app that runs on a smartphone, that app is not full-featured and in no way contains all of the functionality of the Upwork system.

I think other people may offer some simple and straightforward answers to your question.

But let me suggest to you that you are asking the wrong question.

If you are limiting yourself through such a question, then you are not really serious about freelancing or working on Upwork.

You would be better off focusing on your studies and/or getting a job in your local economy, a job that does not involve Upwork all.

You are asking about what kind of jobs YOU can get. But Upwork isn't here for YOU. Upwork's customers are the clients who pay money to hire freelancers. If you are ready to be a partner with Upwork to provide services that CLIENTS want to pay for, then you are more likely to succeed.

There are many many types of services that freelancers provide, even from a smart phone. But the important thing that those freelancers provide is the skill and the knowledge, not the device they use. A client may have hired an illustrator. Or a writer. Or a consultant. Or a marketer. And all those clients are happy with the great work that those freelancers provided to them.

And then the twist: I am sending those freelancers a photo showing their freelancers at work. And all those freelancers were working from a smart phone.

And I ask those clients: "Did you know that the freelancer was working from a smart phone?"

And all those clients said the same thing: "Who cares?"

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths