🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What more do I have to do?
Page options
ceyhunozdemir
Community Member

What more do I have to do?

Hi, 

I am 

*verified profile 

*rising talent 

*freelancer plus

*instructor at Udemy (6000 students & 4.8/5 review)

*blog writer (ceyhunozdemir.com)

*experience for 7 years with WordPress

I submitted 22 proposals related to my skills. I offered a very low price. I wrote a perfect cover letter. 

I even prepared a very nice brochure. Despite all my efforts, I can not get a job. They don't even make a comeback. Works don't close. Does the platform really work? What more do i have to do? How do I succeed?

https://www.upwork.com/fl/ceyhunozdemir

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ceyhun,

Welcome to Upwork and thank you for sharing your concerns. The others have provided some great suggestions for improving your profile. As they mentioned, it's important to focus on the deliverable you provide. Rather than talking exclusively about your skills and experience, focus on what deliverable or outcome you provide and how you are different from the others in your field.

Here are some great articles about building a successful profile; I suggest you review each of them:

Also, here are some resources to help with crafting proposals:

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
wescowley
Community Member

Ceyhun O wrote:

How do I succeed?

Patience, persistence, and find some way to set yourself apart. There are thousands of WordPress developers on here. You need to show your prospective clients what you offer that's different than everyone else with a proven track record on the site. And even then, it may take time to get your first job, hence the patience and persistence. 

Once you have a track record, it does get easier.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Lead your profile with your experience, not your education. The first 2 sentences should stand out as this is what a client sees when they perform a search. 

If your proposals mirror exactly what is written in your profile, that is a good reason why you are being overlooked. Everything you write should stand out from others in your field who do the exact same thing. 

Good luck!

florydev
Community Member

Ceyhun O wrote:

Hi, 

I am 

*verified profile 

*rising talent 

*freelancer plus

*instructor at Udemy (6000 students & 4.8/5 review)

*blog writer (ceyhunozdemir.com)

*experience for 7 years with WordPress

I submitted 22 proposals related to my skills. I offered a very low price. I wrote a perfect cover letter. 

I even prepared a very nice brochure. Despite all my efforts, I can not get a job. They don't even make a comeback. Works don't close. Does the platform really work? What more do i have to do? How do I succeed?

https://www.upwork.com/fl/ceyhunozdemir

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The very fact that you list these things like they mean something tells me that you really don't understand what is going on here (especially FP+, that means nothing).

Your profile is written, in my opinion, exactly the opposite of right.  You are talking about you, yourself, and I and never get around to really explaining how you could help a client. You first need to figure out how to market and sell whatever it is you are marketing and selling. 

You want to do Wordpress I think, which is an exceptionally crowded category and yet you have done NOTHING to distinguish yourself from the rest of the exceptionally large crowd. I don't know what that is for that is for you to figure out, but without it  you are just a drop in a bucket.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You talk about yourself and your education and what interests you, none of that related in any way to the skills you want to market here. Focus! 

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ceyhun,

Welcome to Upwork and thank you for sharing your concerns. The others have provided some great suggestions for improving your profile. As they mentioned, it's important to focus on the deliverable you provide. Rather than talking exclusively about your skills and experience, focus on what deliverable or outcome you provide and how you are different from the others in your field.

Here are some great articles about building a successful profile; I suggest you review each of them:

Also, here are some resources to help with crafting proposals:

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success

Cheers,
Mike

I received very valuable comments. Thank you all. I will make some updates on my profile.

Healthy days.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths